Healthy evening munchies
with mothers about day-to-day cooking suggest that determining the menu for the
day is a big task, especially the afterschool snacks, which are essential for
children. There are many innovative and healthy snacks, which can be made in a
jiffy. After a tiring day, children will be excited to come back home and feast
on these simple and nutritious snacks.
- Paneer-200 gms
- Pineapple, cut into cubes.
- Carom seeds -1/2 tsp
- Green chillies-2
- Coriander leaves - a fist
- Garlic 3 to 4 pods, ground to a rough paste.
- Salt, 2 tsps olive oil, lime juice 1/2 tsp
- Malai or fresh cream —2 tsp, optional
- Kasoori methi leaves— 1/2 tsp, optional.
- Grind the green chilies, coriander, garlic and pepper to a coarse paste. Marinate the vegetable cubes and paneer with the rest of the ingredients and the coarse paste. Set aside for an hour. Pierce these into the skewers. These can be grilled or fried on a nonstick pan from all sides.
- Mushrooms, grapes, tomatoes, apples, and boiled potatoes can also be skewered in this manner.